Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!

I was extremely selfish today. Despite having just been away from work for two weeks (mental note: fill out expense report) and having quite a lot of things to do at work, I took my birthday off. It's just the right thing to do. I discovered years ago that if I am at work, I resent anything unpleasant (such as ranking & rating - my first two years at Intel. It wasn't necessarily that bad, it just gave me a headache and I longed to be elsewhere).

So, I'm being decadant. In my fit of self-indulgence, today I:
1) slept in until (gasp) 7:30
2) waxed the bottoms of almost all the bisqueware, and then glazed...and glazed
3) fired the glaze kiln (well, it's still going)
4) met Heidi for lunch at St. Honore, the best bakery in town if you go for that french foofie stuff, which I totally do.
5) hung out with D before his class
6) picked up my boots from Clogs-n-more, where they have been de-squeekified (hopefully I will no longer sound as though I am being chased by squeeky toys)
7) knit on my sock...canadian souvenier yarn
8) got conned into going for more yarn by my Enabler(100% merino! On Sale! The right weight for that sweater I want to make!)
9) drooled over the thought of kool-aid dying sock yarn, and found self-striping dying instructions on line

In other words, I've followed my whims, run my own schedule, and somehow neglected to check my work email.

Remaining plans? Pix for some birthday sweets, dinner at my favorite burrito place, and maybe open knit night at CloseKnit, since I've been meaning to swing by. Sounds like a good birthday to me! Happy 38!

No comments:

Post a Comment