In fine New Year Tradition, I've done, well, pretty much nothing. I've made no particular resolutions, because I feel like I'm always working on pushing to do better on something, and New Year's always seems like a bit of an artificial milestone. If you want to get better at something, stop procrastinating and just start doing in. Practicing what I preach isn't always possible, but I do try not to wait.
We did have a most excellent New Year's Party, with such wonderful friends, that we truly feel blessed. If I were to make a NY Resolution, it would be to spend still more time with these fantastic people, and try to create opportunities where we get to spend 1:1 time. And I should be in better touch with the folks in more distant lands, because even while I don't manage to write, they are still dear to my heart.
On more practical notes, things have been hopping around the household. With the really-almost-completed back rooms, D has been moving in and settling into the library, and seems very happy to really have a space that is, for the most part, his own. The living & dining rooms underwent serious decluttering, and miracle of miracles, THE POOL TABLE HAS BEEN REMOVED! This was an epic struggle by friends of ours (to whom we gave this table, and they most certainly EARNED it). This pool table had been in the basement for who knows how long - my guess would be the 80's, and it turned out to have a SOLID, as in one-piece, slate top. SOLID, as in, inflexible, unbendable, and really crazy heavy. I chickened out and did NOT watch the disassembling & moving proceedings that lasted several hours, and instead hid upstairs and painted doors, and when that was complete, did the equivalent of hiding even further upstairs and watching TV (occasionally plugging my ears and chanting "la la la" when the grunting grew too loud). But it was accomplished.
I've also been working through a serious case of finishitis since returning from Virginia. On the flight to Arlington, I finished red seasilk birthday socks (really lovely) and the Easy Flame lace scarf (same, though it looks like the early knitting might have felted a bit from the stuffing in & out of my knitting bag). Ignoring the fact that I cast on a new sock from Christmas yarn (I had to, I mean really...) and the Yoga Hoodie (ditto, it's been haunting me for two months), I did come home and finally sew up the Ribby Cardi, which is now just awaiting a zipper. And I BLOCKED the lace scarf, folded it up, and it's all nice & neat & waiting for me to decide if it's a gift or for me, me, me. Ahem.
Now, I'm onto the Knitty "Leftovers" vest that I started way back when. So long ago I don't even recall what season, that I'd stopped working on because I'd messed up & was frustrated with it. But it's actually remarkable close to being done - just part of the front and then the contrasting armholes & neckline. A couple casual weeks ought to finish this puppy off, in between playing with my yoga hoodie and socks...
Pictures eventually...
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment