Well, it's almost 2007 - a mere 6 hours to go, and I did actually manage to complete one project before the new year. Yup, you guessed it, the eight-month socks are finally complete! Not just complete, but all the ends are woven in and they are actually in a *wearable* condition now. And they're not half bad, if I do say so myself... Now, do I cast on the next sock with the green merino wool (also crazy small needles) or the tweedy brown (ditto), or do I go back to work on the sweater, which has been sorely neglected for amost the last week?
Well, the answer is obvious. I went and worked on the back stairs some more instead, taking advantage of the virtually unprecedented TWO weekend days, back-to-back, sans rain! Hallelujah! I finished screwing on the little posts between the top railings, and dilligently worked on creating my first railing after consulting with Damien. He's really good about this - he offers to help, gives me advice, and then steps back and lets me beat through it on my own. I know it would go faster if he were helping, but I wouldn't be learning as much. I've gotten much more comfortable using a miter saw! You can see in the photos that the railing isn't finished yet - it needs the little posts added, and the second railing still needs to be added.
Now, the Jiffy-corn bread is in the oven, getting ready to take to the New Year's Eve party, I am showered, the sawdust is out of my hair, the dishwasher is running, and I have photos to share.


Happy New Year!!!
Love,
Martha
Hey Marf,
ReplyDeletePretty cool!!! My sister the handyman, um, handywomen. I am impressed. When you have time, maybe you and damien (sp?) can come down and help me break down the wall connecting my two apartments so I stop getting crap from William Penn House.
Happy New Year by the way -- I am starting out the new year with some kind of cold/flu thing. To make it up for the fact it is not raining in Portland, it is dumping outside here - so no Mummer's parade.
Glad to here that the earphone worked -- and cool to see you avec IPOD. I also haven't figured out how to do anything other than load and play. I think that you should be able to import music from all of your CD's into itunes - look into that if you haven't. I have no CDs to test drive, since, well, I never buy music, being musically/artistically challenged.
see you,
lisa