Hmm, seems like this is a lot like 2006, only the days are finally starting to get longer, minutes at a time. In case you haven't already seen it, Battlestar Galactica (the miniseries, segwaying into the series) is actually really good. D and I watched the miniseries this weekend while I was knitting away, and I'm now anxiously awaiting the first disk of the first season, which seems to be in high demand at Netflix, since there is actually a *wait*. The sweater front is moving along well - I've now gotten to the v-neck part, and I'm working my way up the left half of the V. I actually had to stop knitting during the miniseries when I hit this part because I didn't want to screw it up. I resumed knitting to a PBS special about Ramses I - figuring out that this mummy in Niagra Falls (now back in Egypt) was in fact a royal mummy, and then the process by which they deemed Ramses I to be the most likely culprit. Quite interesting!
Otherwise, life in these parts is rather dull, except my boss Tom is getting promoted to a "two in a box" division head, and so I'll be passed off to another person shortly. But the two options are both people who have supervised me before, and I like them both, so it's not a bad situation. It's just sad that Tom's going on to bigger & better things - he has just rocketed up the promotion ladder - he's just that good. So, while it's a gain for the division and they can use the leadership, it does suck that he won't be working on our day to day stuff anymore. Them's the breaks, I guess.
I have the Jones Family Calendar hung up in my cubicle, and showed Bruce, my old (and possible new again) boss the photos. His favorite was the one Lisa took of Margaret & me at the glacier. What is it about that photo that tickles peoples funnybones that much? Sure, I think it's cute, but I like the growling dragon one, or the mosquitoes one just as much. Maybe you had to be there for the other photos...
And it's still raining. And raining. Sigh...
Love,
Martha
Wednesday, January 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment