Monday, January 15, 2007

Jury Duty?!?

So, this weekend I got a summons for jury duty. Not content with just a one-day summons, your dear sister got one for a trial that could last 4 weeks (or longer), and I won't find out if I'm selected until I actually show up for selection. That fateful day will be Friday, Feb 2nd - just a few weeks away.

The jury is still out (so to speak, heh, heh) on whether I would be a desirable juror. WIll my overeducated state weigh for me, or against me? What about where I am employed? What if I state things like "I believe in data-driven decisions, speculation is futile?" Will the defense love me? Will the prosecution hate me? What if I say that I love CSI?

Stay tuned. THis is going to be interesting. Or it might be completely anti-climactic, I'll build up this whole big thing, and then I'll get back to work on Monday as usual...

Love,
Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment