I am not being good to my body.
I need to recognize that, like any activity, over-doing it is not a good thing.
The past two weekends, I might have slightly overdone the knitting. Slightly. Slightly to the point where my wrists were just a wee bit sore for the work-week, which is not good. I've been through the ergonomics hassle of flirting with carpel-tunnel last year, and I'd prefer to keep my wrists healthy, thank you very much. So I would like to advise the Weekend Warrier Knitter to lay off just a bit.
(Weekend Warrier adds: But you're so CLOSE to being done with...)
The Christmas socks (kicked into high gear by finally turning the heel of sock #2, and for signing up with the Selfish Knitters Group on Ravelery to do a sock KAL. If I'm completely honest, I should work on finishing up the Trekking XXL socks I started that keep my computer company. But I also want to stay on track to finish a pair of socks every 2 months. That's not excessive. Really. Especially when Dear Twin gave me enough yarn to do exactly that, without even dipping into my own stash! Crazy!
The Big Bad Baby Blanket... 60% done. I'm past the halfway point and it's truly mindless knitting. The only disappointing thing is my tension problems going from knit to purl *really* show up on this pattern. Pix to come.
The Yoga Hoodie. I'm 1/3 done the 2nd sleeve. I'm close, So close, and this is such an incredible slog. It's endless. I knit forever and the sleeve grows so slowly. I'd swear the body went faster. And I haven't decided yet if I will attempt to put on a front pocket or if I will run away. I think I will have enough yarn to do it, though, which suggests I should buckle down and do it.
I should focus. Just the Xmas socks and the sweater. I really want both done. And then I can cast on for baby booties or a teddy bear or a baby hat, and leave the BBBB and Trekking sock for occasional knits, like when I happen to be in that particular room.
Right, back to the work week.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment