Saturday, May 31, 2008

Almost Monogamous Knitter

I'm not sure what's become of me these past few weeks, but I've been tackling my projects almost one at a time. It doesn't stop the drooling and planning, but having only one knit project to concentrate on is rather nice. Until I give into the lace scarf I want to try, and the sweater I'm drooling over.

This has enabled me to actually accomplish some things...

IMG_2319

Finishing socks I started last December, in Trekking XXL on size 1's (the small size 1's). These were toe-up, as normal, with a short-row heel. The only thing different between these socks and previous socks is the ribbing. I alternated K2 P2 rows with K-all rows, so it spaces out the ribbing a bit. Looks a little different:

IMG_2320

And then there was the stuffie, which is just awaiting a face (which requires that I will be able to find yarn I want to use... I just need a little black and a little red, but I'm not sure I have the right colors and it seems just so...silly...to buy a whole skein. We'll see).

IMG_2329

Last weekend was a good one for knitting too. A trip up north with D for Memorial Day weekend. We left Saturday night and returned late on Sunday, effectively missing all of the holiday traffic, quite pleasant. D was diving Sunday morning/afternoon, and then afterwards we went to see a Santana 27 sailboat. We loved the layout, the owner took us out for a brief sail, and unfortunately (this quite broke my heart) it wasn't in good enough condition to pursue. But it was just adorable.

While D was diving at Octopus Hole, I worked on the mitten I'd started. Funny, looks a lot like a sock...

IMG_2323

This weekend? House projects. I hit home depot and bought a ceiling fan, a faucet for the basement clay sink, tomato cages, fence posts. I dug, and I built the bike rack I'd been thinking about. That actually took a while since I was playing it a little bit by ear, but I like the result, and I want to make another for D's extra bike in the garage. I also finally got the hardiback up as a heat shield (another bit may be needed by the big kiln, but I'd pooped out at that point. But, huge progress for sure. And I broke in the circular saw that I'd purchased last fall. I feel so empowered - I changed the blade and everything (pounds chest) I need to get some photos of my handiwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment