But, after the Sock Summit, I did feel as though it was time to pick up and, well, knit a sock, since I hadn't yet this year after the unsuccessful pooling start to the yarn I used for the batkus scarf. So I finally picked up some yarn that I'd gotten on sale at OFFF last year - Oregon Flock & Fiber Festival, and out of guilt, cast it on. It's not the oldest sock yarn in the bunch, but it IS a year old. Happily, it didn't pool, and so I was able to keep the knitting mojo happening, and 3 weeks later - voila! Completed pair of socks using the basic pattern. I *think* this is my 9th pair of socks!
Currently on the needles, but possibly requiring a small frog, is some STR (Socks that Rock) brown/black/orange yarn that, even though it's also "lightweight" like my KWB STR socks, the 28 stitches I used for those socks seem to be way too large for this set. Am going to frog the toe. Stay tuned on that front.
This weekend I hope to do a bit of hiking. I just bought (I know, I know, how can I buy them when I also KNIT them, but they were on sale, and I've heard good things about them) some SmartWool (TM) hiking socks. We'll see how they fare, and I also want to try some of my handknit socks, to see if they are hiking-worthy. I suspect that they may be too light - I do like a bit of padding for my precious little feet - but I'm going to have to try!
No comments:
Post a Comment