First...knitting stuff...Had a Knitting Knight for the first time in a while, with a good turnout. Alison was working on felted slippers, Carlos is chugging away at his FSM hat (unfortunately, running out of yarn!), Heidi is cruising through this baby blanket, and Hilary came to hang out. I worked on my Birthday socks, since the lace is not possible when there are any other distractions.
House stuff... the contractors are OUT (mostly), and I've tried 7 different swatches of paint to try to decide how to paint the rooms. Miller paints are beautiful, but wow, I can really fret over color choices. We've decided on what to paint one room, and I'm still dithering about option #2. I want to get one room painted so that I can get the radiator in this week (how nice would that be???). The area behind the radiator has now been painted and the trim is drying, so it should be ready to go.
Then, packing for Thanskgiving - we tore out of here Wednesday night. Naturally, I brought knitting (three projects, one that was started at the airport. THe lace scarf, the birthday sock, and a hat, since Heidi threatened to knit me one if I didn't just shut up and knit one for myself already). Off to Orange County for days of food, more food, geeking out with the cousins and aunt & uncle & grandparents. The weather was, naturally, perfect. The Imax 3D version of Beowulf was quite impressive. 3D Imax rocks, I must say.
We had a record 15 people in attendance for Thanksgiving dinner, and even just sampling a little bit of everything left me in a complete food coma afterwards. Zzzz. I was not the only one...
Sock knitting was done in the line at Fry's (though we decided to not bother with the line - I walked around for about 20 min in the line, and people were saying it was at least 3 hours long!). Lace knitting was done on the flight home. Hat knitting dominated the actual holiday time - to good effect. I finished the hat on the way home! I wore it around last night & today - the verdict is... I'd make it longer and out of a less itchy yarn. But it was yard sale yarn that was originally $9.50 / skein, so I can't complain. At least for now, it will keep my darn head warm.
Upcoming attractions: new knobs for the rooms (they somehow ordered a dark finish), painting doors, new radiator, sanding/priming/painting in basement, lace knitting, breaking down and buying size 8's so I can start on my sweater, a bisque firing, a glaze firing, eating leftover sweet-potato black bean burritos...and apple crisp. And maybe a trip to Austin while we're at it...
No comments:
Post a Comment