Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Whirlwind East Coast Tour

Whoosh! D and I have traveled 6000 miles in less than a week. We took the redeye out of Portland, flying for the first time on JetBlue, and headed to JFK. I now remember why I really dislike redeyes. I'm just useless for the next day anyway - might as well sleep horizontally rather than vertically and lose the day either way. I did manage to keep moving in some facimile of life through Margaret's bridal shower, which was actually a lot of fun. I thought a proper high-tea would involve my breaking ettiquette rules I didn't even know existed, but in fact it involved lots of yummy dishes and none of the servers looking down their noses at us and saying "yes, ma'am, whatever you SAY, ma'am" with obvious tones of disapproval. Nope, none of that. In fact, for a very victorian-style establishement clearly catering to little old ladies getting together for a bit of a cozy gossip, it was certainly well-staffed with Fine Looking Young Men. Coincidence? I think not! I'm just wondering how many times a day they get pinched.

The sugar cube even had a little icing flower on it, it was so Floral and Pink.
Bridal Shower tea
Champagne? Yes! Tea? Yes! salad, sandwiches, scones, and then 2 kinds of dessert? YES YES YES!

And that was just the beginning of the Wedding Weekend of Margaret & Ivan. A good time was had by all.
Margaret & Ivan,evening

We were mani-pedi'd. We ate soy cheese pizza and actually liked it. We were made up, coiffed (and sprayed and teased and BOY, were we pinned). We dressed, none of us stumbled down the aisle, and happy tears were cried. We walked, we ate, we hit the subway, we opened presents, we cleaned, we toasted good wishes to the happy couple. We discovered that becoming part of a new family also provides new sources of gossip! Let's just say a sibling was being actively talked up by other siblings and family friends, with attempts to set him up with either me (boyfriend not withstanding) or my twin.

And we made it back home late Sunday night... And I'm into the whirlwind Training Blitz that I happen to be running (I have SWORN that I will not do this again. NOT AGAIN.) It's really nice seeing familiar faces traveling from distant places, but I will still be happy to have a Thanskgiving break next week.

Margaret & Ivan wedding present

No comments:

Post a Comment