Saturday, November 17, 2007

Training Blitz Week - OVER!

What a week! Running a Training Blitz for people who have traveled halfway around the world, 130 people actually attending, 3 days of training, is no small feat. I'm pooped, and I have a million things to do at home. While it was crazy busy and disruptive - it's been weeks since I feel like I've done "real work", I did get to see a number of people I work with but see only occasionally (from Ireland and Malaysia). The overall feedback was very positive, with one whiner who helped me understand that I'm very good at dismissing the positive feedback as "polite" and listening only to the negative feedback. Given that The Whiner actually didn't have any constructive feedback, nor did he know what he was talking about for just about all of his comments, he really wasn't worth listening to, yet I let him get under my skin. I am now dismissing him as irrelevant.

Anyway, it's done, my wrap-up / post-mortem is almost complete, and it feels good. It feels so good that I'm getting myself involved in mini-program management. Which will mean a trip to Austin in December, it looks like, and a lot more responsibility.

On the home front - so much progress, so close! The trimming around the doors is almost complete. The back door - without the dog door and plywood screwed onto it - is in! I can start painting (yea?) in the basement. The pressure is on to select colors to paint the bedrooms. I'm realizing that I have no idea where the hammer, the drill bits, or the flat head screwdrivers are.

Done by the end of the year? One can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment